It is a centre of Roman and Gothic churches. It is characterized by the lava stone used not only to pave the streets but as one of the architecture elements as well.
Do not miss:
- S. Maria – the facade and the bell tower of Saint Mary Church are neo-gothic style (XIX century). The church’s feature is the black lava stone that is in contrast with the white colour of windows and portals.
- Saint Nicolo Church- Built in 1594, some elements of the facade are constructed in lava stone.
- S. Martino Church- with its beautiful bell tower that dates back to XIII-XIV century.
- Ornithological museum- with all the existing fauna of Sicily
- The Alcantara gorge- lava stone eroded by water.