Sheep farming products, sausages and confectionery are the strong points of local gastronomy.
- The provola of Montalbano (traditional southern cheese), a true dairy product masterpiece.
- Fresh or baked savoury cottage cheese.
- Cold ham and gammon cuts of the black swine from nebrodi area.
- Almond and hazelnut pastry.
- Easter biscuits.
- Maccheroni col buco, bran flour hand-made pasta shaped into very thin tubular forms with rich pork sauce dressing.
- Baked goatling in a wood-burning oven
- Roasted or baked sheep
- Pulse dishes: broad green beans, beans, peas, chickpeas.
- La caponata: a Sicilian dish prepared with fried aubergines, capers, olives and celery with bittersweet seasoning.
Marsala, Alcamo, Etna rosso, Corvo, Regaleali, Moscato di Noto, Passito di Pantelleria, Malvasia delle Lipari…are some of today’s Sicilian wines estimated by the best connoisseurs in the world.
These wines were already appreciated by the Phoenicians and constituted important goods in their exchange trade. You can try this truly special taste of wine guided by real connoisseurs in the pleasant atmosphere of our “Convivio” Restaurant.